My daughter is really into beading. She loves it so much and she has created so many bracelets and necklaces. This piece was inspired by her. This bracelet is a very simple one, do not need any hardware or loop or hook or clip. If you have beads and some Chinese knotting thread cords, you are ready to start. Yes, that’s what you need. Well, you may need a lighter to heat seal the cords, no more.
Beads, suggests to use 3 different colors, one of the colors needs double quantity of the 2 others ( I used 14 yellow beads, 7 orange and 7 purple for this project)
Chinese knotting thread cord, the length of your wrist + extra length to make knots (about 5 inches)
Lighter, for heat-sealing the thread cord
How to make it?
1) Fold the Chinese knotting thread cord in half and tie a knot, make a little hook that is big enough to pull 2 of the thread cord through but not too big that the cord can slide off.
2) Follow the rule – left, middle, right, middle, left, middle, right, middle….
- First, insert a bead to the right thread cord
- Then, insert a bead to both the right and left thread cords at one time. I call it “middle” in the rule
- Insert a bead to the left thread cord
- Follow by insert to both right and left thread cords
3) Use this rule to insert beads in different “positions” until the bracelet is long enough to cover around your or your daughter’s wrist
4) Pull both right and left thread cords through the hook that we have created at the beginning, tie a note to finish the bracelet
5) Use a lighter to heat-seal the end of the thread cords to avoid ripping off.
Hope you enjoy the post of this week and see you next time!
Do you have a Thrilling Thursday craft to add? Add a link to your blog post in the linky below after you’ve left a comment on this post! Please show support of handcrafting by spreading the love through pinning, tweeting and sharing in social media networks. Happy crafting!