These paper lucky stars were once very hot when I was in high school. They were first seen in a drama series. The main male character made these for a girl that he loved in the drama. No more than a week, every boy and girl was folding these lucky stars in school. Since then, many boys and girls received a big jar of lucky stars made by their admirers. Some specialty stores sold these wish jars including stars inside but handmade with all the love makes these lucky stars wish jars so special and be hot for so many years.
I have made these for a boy many years ago. I even wrote my wish and blessings on every piece of paper before I folded them into stars. Those good old days……so silly……and so sweet……
Paper strips, I cut a A4 paper into 16 strips, magazine paper makes the best stars, not too thick but not too soft and perfect stars can be made easy
Small jar, remember if you pick a big jar, you need a lot of stars to fill it up
Ribbon for decoration
Step by Step Instructions:
1) Tie a knot at one end of the paper strip
2) Fold and wrap the paper strip
3) Tug the end of the paper strip underneath the body of the star
4) Use fingers to press on the sides of the stars and poof it up into a star
5) Put stars and some thin paper strips or other embellishments into the jar, decorate it with a ribbon bow
6) Make a wish and present to your loved one!
Do you have a Thrilling Thursday craft to add? Add a link to your blog post in the linky below after you’ve left a comment on this post and add this button to your blog post!