Thursday again, hooray! Crafty day! I have a day off today to enjoy my time with my kids. Well, actually I have no childcare today. School ended last week and summer camp does not start until next week. Planned to bring the kids out for lunch and play in the park but they like to stay home. I made this craft yesterday night and showed it to the kids this morning. They want to learn making some themselves. This is definitely an easy one for kids to work on.
Color paper (I used those for origami)
Some pipe cleaners (short one is fine)
Double-side adhesive tapes
1) Fold the origami paper into half, cut the paper from the folded side towards the other side but not cut it completely. These stripes would be the petals of the flower.
2) Use double side adhesive tape to stick the 2 sides of the paper together.
3) Stick another stripe of double side adhesive tape on one side of the origami paper.
4) Use the pipe cleaner as the stem of the flower and stick the tip of the pipe cleaner on the uncut side of the origami paper. Start to roll the paper and wrap the pipe cleaner.
5) Use a pencil of the tip of the scissors to roll each of the petal curly to make it a blossom flower.
My girl was so excited to see the flowers and she requested to learn making her own.
Do you have a Thrilling Thursday craft to add? Add a link to your blog post in the linky below after you’ve left a comment on this post and add this button to your blog post!