Since today is Valentine’s Day, I would like do something to celebrate this romantic day. What women would usually like —– flowers. And what I have used the most for crafts……of course, ribbons and buttons. I am using these 2 materials to create a bunch of Valentine’s Button Flowers. This craft idea is very simple and original. You can even make it with your young kids at home.
Ingredients needed: –
Pipe Cleaners (I bought them from Daiso for $1.5 per 100 stripes, choose the short ones, not the long ones, unless your buttons are very big, otherwise, they would look off-balance)
Buttons of different sizes, colors and shapes
A piece of Ribbon of whatever width and color
Optional for making flowers with a vase: –
A toilet paper roll
A piece of color paper that uses for making origami
Glue or double-size adhesive tape
Step-by-Step instructions: –
1) Arrange 3 buttons of different colors and sizes in layers, smallest on top and the biggest at the bottom.
2) Pull a strap of pipe cleaner through the holes of the 3 layers of buttons, then twist the top part of the pipe cleaner (about 1″ in length) and pull back through the holes.
3) Pull the buttons all the way to the top and then twist the end part of the pipe cleaner to secure the position of the buttons and a flower is done.
4) Make a bunch and then secure them with a strap of satin ribbon and tie a ribbon bow. You can hand this bunch of flowers to your loved ones, they are just unique and lovely.
5) You can also use a toilet paper roll wrapped with a piece of color origami paper as a vase, then tie a ribbon bow in the middle and put the bunch of button flowers in it.
Wish you all have a wonderful and sweet Valentine’s Day! Remember to tell your beloved one how much you love them right the way and enjoy being loved.